Welcome

Thanks for checking out my blog. See the rest of my photos and get some more information about me at my website, www.kendaljeanphotos.com. I look forward to hearing from you, leave me a comment.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Photos

I got to have a photo adventure today with a fellow photographer. Usually I'm stuck exploring with Shawn and although he tolerates my photos he is not overly eager for me to take my time or slam on the brakes to take a photo of a bird.

I'm mentoring one of the seniors at OKHS for her project to create a book, essentially marketing Okanogan county and highlighting some of the areas and events. We headed up Hwy 20 to the south summit of the Loup. Since I have been riding horses up there this summer there has been a spectacular view of the Methow Valley and I've been wanting to return with my camera. It was a perfect day for it and the photos turned out pretty nice. I might want to try and go back once it snows in the valley too. While driving up there I even saw my first piliated woodpecker, but it did not have enough patience for me to get the camera out.

As we headed back to town we stopped at Leader Lake for a few photos and then back on the highway, in a field, there was a flock of turkeys. There must have been fifty of them. I pulled a u-turn and pulled off the road so we could snap away. These birds could have cared less about us as it seemed they were much more interested in finding grub.

It was a fun day to go out with someone who shares my interest. We hope to make it out again on another nice weekend. Next time we will head north towards Tonasket to see what we can find.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are awesome! I'm doing the 2nd half of this with Katie doing the brochure design :)

Kendal said...

I agreed you'd be much better at that part :) We'll get some good stuff for you to work with though.

JL LEAL said...

Great blog!

I´ll come back.

Greetins from spain